While the New Year, New You posts abound on social media, I’ve been focusing on cleaning up my systems and processes, reviewing my financials and getting ready to kick off the New Year in a big way.
Here are a few of the things that I do to kick the New Year off right:
- Plan out my editorial calendars for 2018.
- Respond to all direct messages and e-mails. Inbox ZERO!
- Reach out to folks in the community to set meetings for 2018.
- Edit and schedule blog posts.
- Review the metrics for the past year and note areas for improvement.
- Look through my notebooks and digitally capture lost notes.
- Review existing content to see what can be repurposed.
- Finalize any outstanding paperwork for 2017.
- Write thank you notes.
- Look at 2018 strategy and brainstorm ideas around each project.
- Review all systems and processes and tighten them up.
- Clean up social accounts and review who I am following.
- Export all of my 2017 financials and put them into a folder on my computer to make doing my taxes that much easier.
These are just a few of the things that I do when it comes to my digital footprint. Some of the above is for my job, some of it is for me personally and a lot of it has crossover in both areas.
How do you like to kick off your New Year?
Let me know on social media or comment on this post on LinkedIn (it has the same theme as this post, so your comment will be more than relevant and welcome!)
Also published on Medium.