I’d Love to Speak to Your Group, Organization or Company
As a TEDx speaker and a Google Certified Speaker, I bring to the table a mix of inspiration and solid, tactical know-how. I’m interested in sharing stories that matter to your audience and I will take any topic and customize the message so that it fits, engages and inspires. From short talks (30-60 minutes), to keynotes to half- and full-day workshops, I can create something that will meet your organization’s needs.
Here’s what I really, really love talking about:
- Social media and digital marketing
- Passive revenue streams
- Finding and living your passion
- Storytelling and marketing and why the two are synonymous
- Relationship-building and business
- Vulnerability, transparency and why being open is the only way to go
If you’re looking for a more practical workshop-style talk, I can do that as well. The best thing to do is to connect with me and then we can dream up something delicious for your audience.
Previous Speaking Topics
Here are some of the previous talks that I have done for audiences around the globe:
Half-Day Social Media Workshop (Customized for Your Audience)
The workshop will be focused on social media and will provide an overview of each of the following platforms: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google+. During the workshop, we’ll take a look at each platform and discuss the pros and cons of each for organizations. Some platforms are stronger than others and the content created for each is unique so we’ll take a look at which performs best and how to maximize the effectiveness on each network.
I’ll also introduce use cases for each, as it relates to your audience, so they can see actual examples of the tools successfully at work. The goal will be to inspire the people in the room to leave the workshop and get excited about the possibilities of connecting with their networks and audiences in new ways.
To keep the workshop dynamic and engaging, we’ll weave in opportunities for conversation, questions and inquiries using specific examples from people in the room. As the facilitator, I’ll capture the objections and hesitations of the audience and help walk them through the options that exist on social media today. I’ll also create a few exercises for us to do during the workshop.
Finally, I’ll also be preparing handouts for the workshop that will be used during the presentation as well as an action items checklist that participants can take with them when they leave the event so that the information they learn is not lost or unused.
Build a Strong, Profitable Business with Heart-Based Marketing
Creating a successful business is something that we all have an interest in doing but understanding how to do so through marketing can be difficult. Knowing how to use marketing in a way that feels good and emotionally connects can make the difference between creating a life-long customer or losing them before you get that chance.
In this keynote with Erin Blaskie, we’ll explore how to use heart-based marketing to build a strong, profitable business. We’ll talk about:
- Vulnerability and emotional connection
- Storytelling in marketing
- How to communicate your “why” to build the know, like and trust factor
- The tools to use to market your message
- How to create a thriving community around your business
Participants will also receive a complimentary digital package that features two fantastic resources to further the conversation and help provide clarity around this topic.
Build Your Brand with Storytelling
Storytelling is a way that we’ve connected as human beings for centuries upon centuries. It has allowed us to connect emotionally and mentally with each other, which is incredibly important for relationship building. In business, storytelling is an incredibly important part of marketing and brand building that is often overlooked.
In this workshop, led by Erin Blaskie, we’ll take a good look at why business’ need to be using storytelling in their marketing and why it is crucial to build a brand that customers come to know, like and trust.
Areas of discovery:
- The know, like and trust factor and why it’s important for your business’ success
- Why stories help our customers connect with us better
- The types of stories that you need to share in your marketing (and what not to share)
- How to spread those stories through social media, video, content platforms and online marketing methods such as e-mail marketing
- The differences between your personal brand and your business brand and how to discern between the two
This workshop is perfect for anyone in business – whether you are an entrepreneur or you are on the marketing team of someone else’s company. Marketing and brand-building is something that all of us need to factor into our daily communications online and this workshop will help you do so with ease, grace and success.
Past Speaking Engagements
Here is a partial list of the conferences and events that I have delivered presentations at over the years:
- Rogers Talks (Kanata & Kingston)
- Ontario Catholic Schools Trustees Association
- Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists
- The Waterfront Series
- Invest Ottawa
- The Box Summit
- Hawaii Social Media Summit
- WordCamp New York City
- WordCamp Chicago
- WordCamp Montreal
- WordCamp Toronto
- WebCom Montreal
- Make Art Work Ottawa
- Ottawa Chamber of Commerce
- The Ottawa Network
- East Ontario Women & Finance Conference
- Entrepreneurial Moms, Ottawa Chapter